So in case you have realized... I love pasta. Shocking, right? Shortly after discovering foodler, thank you Kayla, I quickly discovered Black Jack Pasta - which I should mention is located directly behind my building (but still an acceptable distance for delivery... at least this is what I have told myself).
Anyway, this has become my comfort food of choice, especially the potato gnocchi in the mushroom cream sauce. I used to switch it up between Black Jack and Lily's, but Black Jack is more convenient and gets to me in under 30 minutes, so Lily's had to go. Lily's also called me up and scolded me for using foodler because they add a small percentage onto the actual prices and something about it's a loose, loose, I don't know. I digress...
I should mention that there's nothing particularly special or unique about this pasta ... but I guess I just have a soft spot for a restaurant (well it's really more of a storefront but whatever) that has every different kind of pasta on the menu, that you can customize however you like, and that will reach your doorstep almost instantaneously. If there is a heaven, this is most certainly what mine would be.
As I started writing this post I was actually kind of curious about what others had to say, so I did a little yelp research, and surprisingly most people agree with me, however some of the negative reviews have truth to them... so let me guide you through your Black Jack Pasta order...
- don't order capellini pasta.... it will be overcooked by the time it reaches you so stick to the thicker pastas.
- don't order the salads... nothing special... and if you want a salad why are you going to black jack anyway?
- don't waste your time on dessert... they are not a real Italian restaurant and you're only setting yourself up for failure.
- definitely order the garlic bread, and if you don't get that with cheese then you are not a real person.
- don't order the spicy spicy sauce and then get extra hot peppers on it ... you will not enjoy it (Chris).
I realize that I should have some pictures to go along with this so I guess I will suck it up and order some pasta later so I can photograph it ... team player right here.